Do I need RV insurance for my Sprinter?

An RV is a home on wheels. As a result, it’s technically a vehicle. You must carry RV insurance if you drive a motorized home on wheels. Similar to auto insurance, RV insurance provides liability coverage and can also provide coverage for damage to your RV as well. Our Elliott & Associates Insurance team is committed to educating Opelika, AL residents on RV insurance.

What is RV Insurance?

Like car insurance, RV insurance covers any injuries or damage you may cause to people or their vehicles/property. RV insurance can also cover repairing or replacing your RV if your RV policy covers an incident/accident. RV owners often purchase total loss coverage or coverage to replace their TV if it’s destroyed. Total loss coverage provides full value compensation for your RV. However, like a vehicle, RV liability insurance is a requirement in most states.

Like auto insurance, RV owners can choose between different types of coverage that fit their lifestyle and use. Some RV owners live in their RVs full-time. They have the option of purchasing full-time RV coverage. RV users who use their RV recreationally (not full-time) can purchase coverage for recreational use.  

Do I need RV insurance for my Sprinter?

It depends. Technically, a Sprinter is a cargo van/passenger vehicle. However, a Sprinter with a bed, running water, and a bathroom can be classified as an RV. The full conversion of the interior of a Sprinter would change it from a cargo van to an RV, thus requiring you to obtain RV insurance. If you have questions about RV insurance, call us. We can help you explore your options.